Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Direction: Just Add Water

The unthinkable has happened! I drowned my beloved Sony VAIO FW490! I was working on some documents yesterday and my glass of water got entangled with the power cord. (It may sound weird in words but that's really what happened.) The next thing I know, I was staring at a huge pool of water all over my keyboard, next I heard some unsettling popping sound followed by an even more disturbing hissing noise. Within ten seconds, the laptop shut down.

So there you have it, the longest and most shocking ten seconds of my life (at least in the past 3 months). This is what happens when you pour water over your Sony VAIO FW490, in case you wonder. I will keep you guys posted.

P.S. I still have a couple copies of Windows 7 Ultimate left. Hurry up if you want to get yours at a significantly reduced price here.

[Update] After over 24 hours, I decided to put on a hazmat suit and hit the power button very carefully. Luckily, there was no explosion. As a matter of fact, everything seems to be working fine. The keyboard, the screen, the microphone, the speaker, and the touchpad all function properly, so are the USB ports, the card reader, and the bluetooth. I can still connect to the internet and I just finished several rounds of Call of Duty 4. I am going to test it for a few more days before I declare this incidence over.

1 comment: